On the base of longtime experiences, selecting the correct grade of the steels and the relative surface hardness of rolls, depending on the thermal working conditions of the levelers, is the crucial factor in Work/Back-up Rolls.
This is very important because the entire heat treatment cycle of the work rolls depends on the requested final working conditions of the machines, therefore:
- For temperatures of the rolled plates up to 420 °C -> follow cold levelers
- For temperatures of the rolled plates higher than 420 °C -> follow hot levelers
Back-up rolls for hot and cold plate levelers
- Wear resistance
- Thermal shock resistance
- Hardness stability at high temperature
- Excellent mechanical properties and high capacity of heat propagation
– We would be delighted to provide you with more information and help you through finding the most appropriate rollers for your critical applications. Contact us and we will gladly be at your disposal.